True Vision Test – Round 2!
My name is Jeff Gregg, and I’m the Lead Designer of World of Tanks for the Console.
Thank you so much for playing the game! I love seeing you all on the battlefield.
I especially wanted to thank you all for participating in the True Vision test we ran in September. Your combat, your productive feedback in battle and thru various channels (forums, Twitter, Reddit, etc.), and your responses to the survey we sent out are invaluable. As a matter of fact, all of this information directly shaped the 2nd True Vision test that we are running on October 16th 10:00 UTC until October 20th 9:59 UTC.
The first True Vision test pointed out some very compelling elements and also showed there are things that clearly need to be addressed.
For the next test, we have made the following changes in direct response to what you said and reported back to us (as well as based on data observed from heatmaps and statistical analysis):
FOR THIS TEST ONLY (the following changes will be reverted / removed after the test so that we can analyze your feedback and data we collect):
- The 2nd True Vision test will be paired with +1/-1 matchmaking.
- True Vision combined with the normal tier ranges can cause big, high tier guns to acquire lower tier tanks in situations that weren’t previously possible. We will see if the smaller battle-tier range helps address that.
- Light Tanks from tiers IV to X have received a significant increase in their concealment statistics.
- While this won’t make the tank disappear like non-True-Vision, it should help the class scout much more effectively since an undetected tank in True Vision cannot be locked onto and provides the foes zero HUD feedback.
- Tank Destroyers from tier IV to X have also received an increase in their concealment statistics.
- Tank Destroyers were not adjusted as much as Light Tanks, but this should help the class engage from longer distances (and still reveal themselves when they open fire).
- We have altered the multiplayer matchmaker to only use the following maps. These maps were determined by your feedback re: issues and compelling elements you saw as well as by our own analysis and determinations:
- Arctic Region
- Cliff – Winter
- El Halluf
- Fisherman’s Bay
- Malinvovka – Winter
- Mountain Pass – Snow
- Prokhorovka – Night
- Sand River – Night
- Sunset Coast
During the 2nd test, we are going to focus on your feedback and what we see specific to:
- Hitting, damaging, and killing undetected foes (foes you can SEE in True Vision but have not yet detected i.e. they don’t have their 6th sense firing if they have it)
- Vibrant tanks and their performance (including but not limited to the Freedom, Undertaker, Bog Horror, Bone ShakerTM, King Dragon, Motherland and Fatherland, Liberte, Warlord Panther, etc.)
- Anything and everything else we receive your feedback on
I appreciate you taking the time to read this! Please continue to give us feedback and I’ll see you on the battlefield.
– Jeff “Chuji” Gregg