Play with Precision in the Loaded Dice Event
In this event, variable Damage & Penetration mechanics will use their exact values or be toned down.
During the Loaded Dice event, you will play, in Multiplayer battles, with exact Penetration & Burn Damage values. The variability of Damage will also be reduced for greater predictability.
What does all of this mean?
When you play, Penetration, Damage, and Burn Damage are calculated in-game within a variable range from their listed average values (sometimes referred to as Random Number Generation or RNG). Every time you hit your opponent, the amount of armor that your shells penetrate and the amount of damage that you can deal is within a +/-25% range from the displayed average values.
For example, let’s say that you are firing AP shells that have a penetration value of 100 and a damage value of 100. Every shell you fire will have the effects of the round calculated in two stages:
100 Penetration (+/- 25%) then 100 Damage (+/- 25%)
In this example, every AP shell you fire would have a possible Penetration range of 75 – 125mm worth of armor (with the exact Penetration value being a random number generated within this +/- 25% range). Likewise, shells that penetrate would then have a possible Damage range of 75 – 125 damage (again, with the exact Damage value being a random number generated from this +/- 25% range).
The Loaded Dice Event!
During the Loaded Dice Event, your shells will always penetrate the exact amount of armor listed in-game (100mm worth of armor using the example above). Damage will continue to vary, though it will be toned down to +/- 10% of the listed value (so a shell listed as doing 100 damage will randomly inflict between 90 – 110 damage during this event).
To make things easier to understand, here is what you can expect during the Loaded Dice Event:
- Shell Damage: +/-25% variability reduced to +/-10%.
- A round that penetrates will do +/- 10% of its displayed damage value.
- Example: If a rounds average damage is 250 and you penetrate, your possible range of damage will be between 225-275.
Note: An HE shells splash damage will still vary as the splash damage dealt is determined by the armors thickness
- Penetration: +/-25% variability removed from Penetration.
- A rounds penetration value is its displayed value and will no longer have a range applied.
- Example: If a rounds penetration value is 150mm, it will always penetrate 150mm worth of armor.
Burn Damage: +/-25% RNG removed from Burn Damage.
- The damage per second of burn will no longer vary and will provide a more consistent burn.
- The length of burn will continue to vary.
- Each vehicle still has its own burn damage per second factor.
Furthermore, the Aiming reticle color in game will now indicate the following while the Loaded Dice Event is active:
Red = 100% Penetration
- If your aiming circle is Red, you have 100% chance to penetrate the armor you are looking at.
Note: The aiming circle only accounts for the armor panel you are aiming at. If you are aiming at spaced armor, it will indicate that you can penetrate only the spaced armor plate and not all layers of armor.
Orange = 50% Penetration
- If your aiming circle is Orange, you have a 50% chance to penetrate the armor you are looking at.
- There is a 50% chance that the armor you are looking at can be penetrated 100% of the time.
- There is a 50% chance that the armor you are looking at can be penetrated 0% of the time.
Yellow = 0% Penetration
- If your aiming circle is Yellow, you have 0% chance to penetrate the armor you are looking at.