Let’s see how our changes influenced the performance of the Waffenträger auf E 100.
My name is Jeff Gregg, and I am the Lead Designer of World of Tanks Valor. Welcome back to “Let’s Talk About Tanks!”— THE UPDATE!
As a reminder, the goal is to highlight specific tanks, one at a time, and really dig down into what makes them tick, how they are being used, and which approaches may be taken to improve them if necessary.
Let’s see how our changes affected the Waffenträger auf E 100.
What we did
As a reminder: the following changes were made to this tank:
- For the 12,8 cm Kanone L/61:
- Reduced clip size from 6 to 4
- Decreased the reload time from 60 to 48 seconds
- This changed the DPM from ~2,878 to ~2,488
- This changed the Burst Damage from ~3,360 to ~2,240
- For the 15 cm Pak L/38:
- Increased the clip rate from 20 to 30
- Decreased the clip size from 4 to 3
- Decreased the reload time from 50 to 40 seconds
- This changed the DPM from ~3,052 to ~3,068 (a marginal increase)
- This changed the Burst Damage from ~3,000 to ~2,250
Action Items and Next Steps
These changes are good and delivered as intended. As with all the tanks in the game, we will continue to monitor this vehicle’s performance, but I think it’s safe to say these changes are going to stick, at least for the foreseeable future.
Thanks, and see you on the battlefield!
Read the full, in-depth article by Jeff Gregg, Lead Designer, in the dedicated Forum Thread.