Survival of the fittest, where does the Object 907 stack up?
My name is Jeff Gregg, and I am the Lead Designer on World of Tanks Valor.
Welcome to “Let’s talk about tanks!” The goal is to highlight specific tanks, one at a time, and really dig down into what makes them tick, how they are being used, and how approaches may be taken to improve them if necessary.
This article focused on the Object 907! Let’s get started.
We have analyzed numerical data on this tank.
The things that stand out the most are:
- This tank has almost exactly a 50% win rate
- This tank is preferred by skilled players, but it seems to suffer with those players (and interestingly, the more skilled you are the less likely you are to be successful here). Note this is a MARGINAL drop & the average win rate is still 50% (almost on the nose).
- The damage output of this tank is low for tier X mediums (both in terms of per shot and per battle)
- This tank is a damage-blocking monster for Mediums at this tier. 2nd place in this category.
- Even with the damage blocking, this tank has inconsistent survival chances compare to many other tier X mediums.
Based on this we plan on doing the following:
- Change the reload time from 8.4 to 7.56 (buff/decrease of 10%, allowing more shots down range per battle and higher DPM)
- This should allow the tank to fire more often while relying on its armor to survive as it has been doing
The above changes will take place on June 30th.
The Object 907 performs SLIGHTLY worse for most all skill levels, with a trend downward in performance as your skill goes up. See the blue line below the other line? The blue line is the Object 907, where the other line is all tier X tanks.
Damage per battle: this tank is near the bottom of the pack for tier X mediums and damage per battle with an average of ~ 1,755 per battle.
How much damage does it usually block? This tank is the #2 tier X medium tank for damage blocking. Here is where the tank really shines.
How often does this tank survive a match? On average the tank survives ~ 27.1% of the time (in the middle for tier X mediums). But the data is very inconsistent; some days it does much better than others:
In order to measure the impact of these changes once they are committed, we need at least 5,000 battles in the tank(s) to have enough data. Once we have that amount of info, we will report back here on what the results were and (if necessary) what the next steps will be.
If you have feedback about this process or have further questions, reach out! Stay tuned here for results of the test and for what the next tank we focus on is.
See you on the battlefield!
Read the full in-depth article by Jeff Gregg, Lead Designer, in the dedicated Forum Thread.